manufacturing & upgrading ship

More
21 years 5 months ago #17757 by childman
hi, i've got some problems.
i am at the begining of act 1, so i got no missions, im just trying to do some pirating.

the first problem is: how can i manufacture things? i've got about 500 man. units, but in the manufacturing window i'm not allowed to do anything. the item list is always empty.

i think related to this, i'd like to know how can i upgrade my ship, (or buy a new brand ship...). whenever i get close to blackeye l-point, some bad guys appear and have no much trouble in killing me with this awful ship of mine...

any help welcome

thanks in advence!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #5955 by Claren
LOL. Life´s a bitch!

You need to get blueprints before you can start manufacuring.
You can only manufacture the things you got blueprints for, blueprints can be found in the trade section at your base.
But, when you start there is not much in the tradesection, you need to make a few friends who will trade with you first. That is dome by taking on the missions. Your trade list will grow as you do the missions. And you will be awarded with upgrades too.

Ships can not be bought, you'll have to do with your tugboat til the middle of act 2, then you will be given an advanced Patcom. A very nice ship. But the tug isnt that bad at all. After a while when you have added a few fancy upgrades, like better shields, engins, guns and most important, the tiefighters, it will become quite destructive.

However if you are not into playing the missions, only want to play pirate for a while, there are external mods (can be found in the download section of this site) that will allow you fly other ships and use better weapons. I can recommend the Drakh Crusier, with that baby you dont have to worry about any enemys, just go in and take what want from whereever you want. But then it isn't much of a game anymore, is it? One mod I can highly recommend is the location finder, it will be of great help when doing the missions. That worthless navmap almost drow me crazy as I spent houres zooming in and out on planets to find out where to go.

Have fun!

More
21 years 5 months ago #5957 by childman
thank u very much...

ill continue then pirating those dirt ice pods and see what happens

More
21 years 5 months ago #5961 by Shane
Pick up everything you can... you'll be surprised later on in the game when someone actually needs some dirty ice so bad they'll trade some good weapons for it. :D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 5 months ago #5965 by childman
so it's wrong to recycle everything u get, isn't it? thats what i did at the begining, now im not recycling any more until i need to manufacture something...

thanks for the answers!!