lot of trade items, what to do with them??

More
21 years 5 months ago #17759 by childman
hi

i'm having some troubles with trading, because i don't know usually wtf things are... and the encyclopedia is nice but hard to do searching in it

for instance, what are those packs (gnat pack, blizzard pack, and so on). i haven't found any info anywhere about them.

btw, i just got one image module, sure it's cool but i got no idea on how to add it to my loadout, so im not using it.

does anybody know a guide about what items should be bought, specially in the eralier staegs of the game?

thanx in advance!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #5977 by Ace
Items with "Pack" after them normally refer to missles, mines or ammo. They're normally a good trade. Gnats and Blizzards are both types of rockets, that is they're non-guided unlike Seekers or Harrowers.

The imaging module is installed by going to the "CPU" section on your loadout screen, then going into programs. It's extremely useful as it allows you to scan the cargo of freighters and tag pods from a great distance.

In the early stages of the game I'd advise you to buy everything that upgrades your ships performance, even by a little. But always buy Blueprints when you see them, better LDA shields, better heatsinks, and better weapons. They'll really help you through the game.

More
21 years 5 months ago #5981 by MajorTom
A 'Pack' is a unit. It defines how many of the Missiles, rockets ect, fit in a cargo unit (pod).

A pod of Gnats contains 80, where a pod only 'packs' 60 Blizzards.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
21 years 5 months ago #5997 by They_HunGer
Well Gnats and blizzards are like bringing a needle to a fight but good against bases.

~C.C. Rocks~