New to EOC

More
21 years 3 hours ago #17830 by Fickser
New to EOC was created by Fickser
Hi all
I am new to Indepence war 2,i have been trying to find it in stores but no one carries it anymore,so I ordered it from Ebay should be geting it sometime next week.
My question is when I start playing what are the best mods to start off with.?? I was thinking of Ifleet and future trader,can any of the veterans give me there opinion? Or should I start with no mods first?
Thank you in advance

The Canadian

The Canadian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 2 hours ago #7275 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic New to EOC
Welcome to the forum, and the community of like-minded fans, Fickser.

Play through the game once in a relatively unadultered form first, before going too nuts with the mods. Having said that, there are a few that will make the gameplay more fun without radically altering the game as it was intended:

Multimod-allows other mods to work together; a must
Jafs mod-gives jafs a bigger freighter for hauling loot.
Unigui- allows other mods to work. get it.
Location Finder-way better map use than the zoom in zoom out stuff
Fixed Tug -better sounds etc.

Once you've completed the game once, go nuts! There are some truly excellent ones on the downloads page. If you're interested in some great MP play, talk to Major Tom at the multiplayer thread

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 2 hours ago #7276 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic New to EOC
All of the mods Hot4Darmat suggested are definite must-haves when playing. Also, I'd like to point out that Ultimate Freeform Mod: Gold Rush (to be released this Saturday) can be played at any time since it is separate from the single player campaign.

More
20 years 11 months ago #7292 by Fickser
Replied by Fickser on topic New to EOC
Thank you all for your prompt reply
EricMan about Gold rush,can you activate it even if you already started the game?? Or must I start a new game??
Thanks in advance.

The Canadian

The Canadian

More
20 years 11 months ago #7293 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic New to EOC
It doesn't matter either way because it is entirely separate from the main game. It's a game unto itself. You activate Gold Rush, then from the Gold Rush menu you can start or load a Gold Rush game.

More
20 years 11 months ago #7300 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic New to EOC
If you like your game to be EXCEDINGLY tough and realistic, then get ELITE mod and have it up and running from the second you play the game. No, really. I would of loved to of played the game with Elite mod first. Granted it would of taken a good couple of months to complete. But well worth it IMO.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310