paint drone mission

More
21 years 6 months ago #17735 by pepperg
paint drone mission was created by pepperg
i am at the point where i am supposed to spray paint the base with the paint drone. ok, so i went to league meeting point, talked with them, and got drone. some marauders showed up and i destroyed them. i then flew back to my base to change ship profile to stealth rather than assualt. flew back to muntions dump, but the paint drone wasn't on my ship anymore. flew back to league meeting point and there it was. docked to it, flew back to munitons dump, and undocked w/ droid. now i am unable to establish a remote link w/ drone. it tells me i have an invalid rem security protocol. great!

any advice on how to fix this? i have passive 2 sensors on my ship, not active. also i have signal masking. can't establish rem link when masking is on or off, and don't know why it would matter. anyway, i am stuck!

one final q===

is there a save game file i can transfer to a new compiuter so when i uninstall it from my current one, since i have a new system coming in a week. i'd like to be able to install iw2 on my new comp, and simply paste the save game file so i can pick up wehre i left off.

will this work, and will i have the same amount of stuff and stats?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 6 months ago #5659 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic paint drone mission
In general, its a bad idea to go to the home base mid-mission. It "breaks" the scripting of many missions. Try this mission from the point where you start, or by loading an earlier savegame, then go through the whole thing without a trip back to Lucretia's base. Once you've seen that the whole mission and all objectives have been completed in your cmd docs menu, THEN go home and save.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 6 months ago #5661 by pepperg
Replied by pepperg on topic paint drone mission
"missions. Try this mission from the point where you start, or by loading an earlier savegame, then go through the whole "

well since i went back to base mid mission, isn't it now impossible for me to load an earlier saved game? doesn't it rewrite over them once u dock at base?

More
21 years 6 months ago #5664 by pepperg
i'm f*cked. reloaded from game menu mid mission, got droid, but still cannot rem link with it. dammit this sucks, and really ruins what is an otherwise super game. i really don't want to download someone elses save game file cuz all my accomplishments and my stats will be for nothing.

is there any other way around this? is it possible to pull out an earlier save game file somewhere within my game?

thanks.

More
21 years 6 months ago #5665 by pepperg
is there a cheat which will let me just skip this mission or have it automatically succeed?