Capture the Accelerator

More
21 years 5 months ago #17752 by Ciberputa
Hi
I'm stuck on this mission. I don't know what do I have to do when Marines dock to the acelerator and it's locked. If I try to pass the acelerator, I crash, I can't see any target to destroy except the acelerator, any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #5860 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Capture the Accelerator
Are you referring to when the marines become 'stuck' in the cargo container? If so, fire carefully at the container (with your least powerful gun... don't want to incinerate them!) at the cargo pod until it opens.

A second part of this mission is to destroy the lda field generators inside the jump accelerator. This is usually accomplished with a deathblow rem missile piloted inside the accelerator and detonated. Sometimes it takes two.

The generators (three of them) are not targetable, and (if memory serves) are represented by three blinking lights within the accelerator.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 5 months ago #5874 by Ace
Replied by Ace on topic Capture the Accelerator
Yup, just fly a death-blow REM into the center of the shield, and you should wipe them all out in one go. :)

More
21 years 4 months ago #6233 by West Wind
Replied by West Wind on topic Capture the Accelerator
You can also use any type of cutting beam on the sheild, it takes some time and some careful flying... While the generators are not targetable, you can see them when you get up close, (their black things against a black backgroud), and you can hear the dflt hit sound when the cutting beam is on them...