Need a level skip

More
21 years 3 months ago #17788 by Richtoffen
Need a level skip was created by Richtoffen
I love IW2 but have absolutely HAD IT with this one missions and I refuse to keep plougging away at it as nothing works. Is there a level skip for iw2? I need one as I'm near the end of the game and want to finsih it but am not going to waste any more time on that gottverdamt mission with the freighter again.

Please tell me there's a mission skip cheat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #6412 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Need a level skip
I can sympathize with that, if you're talking about the antimatter freighter mission. I did that one more than 20 times myself and was more than angry because it took a full 8 minutes (of autopilot) to get to the actual mission, only to have the freighter explode after a few seconds.

For some reason the wingmen would not follow commands and interupted the ordered docking manouver each time a wave of marauders appeared. If I stopped to target the freighter and re-apply the order for the wingmen to dock there, I didn't have time to intercept the marauders. If I didn't repeatedly order them to dock, the freighter would explode anyhow.

That lead me to discover an exploit: Have your wingmen dock to the freighter before it docks the last freight pod and takes off to continue the mission. When you get to the breakdown spot, you can even have them undock and help fight the marauders off. The containment field won't degrade if the wingmen are docked from the beginning.

Try that, if it doesn't help, you may be able to find a save game on the download page of this site, that is after the freighter mission. (but, you'll have to be happy with the inventory you get via that save, and will loose your own stuff)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
21 years 3 months ago #6414 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Need a level skip
I don't get why people have trouble with this mission. I never even had my wingmen dock. Just use them to help you kill the marauders quickly enough that the freighter doesn't have time to explode. With this tactic, I beat the mission on my first try, and my combat skills have never been all that great.

More
21 years 3 months ago #6416 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Need a level skip
Must be some kind of bug, maybe OS or CPU relevant?

IIRC there were several waves of Marauders, or they came from different directions and were staggered far apart and then nearby again.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
21 years 3 months ago #6418 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Need a level skip
Like EricMan, I passed this mission the first time. I docked my turretfighters to the transport and beat the Marauders easily by myself.

Now, The Trouble With Gunstars... that's the one I nearly broke my computer on. [}:)] And it seems I'm the only one who ever had problems with the mission.

Grrr... I get riled up just thinking about it. Must have been blown up a hundred times or more... literally.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 3 months ago #6419 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Need a level skip

IIRC there were several waves of Marauders, or they came from different directions and were staggered far apart and then nearby again.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall hearing from somewhere that the number of enemies is based on your current loadout. Since I used all my internal cargo space for the assault cannons instead of decking out with tons of powerful missiles, I guess that probably made it a lot easier.

And it seems I'm the only one who ever had problems with the mission.

No no. At least ... one ... two ... THREE other people have had trouble with that mission in the entire history of this game being out for a couple of years.