This page is for people that need help.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7096 by Tarcoon
sorry grandpa, but the better tactic is to silence the turrets, jump through and just sit like a duck after reaching the l-point.
strafe backwards and gain some distance to the mines.
that's the right time to tell your gunbabes to unleash hell...
(otherwise the mines eat you alive)- rapidfire pbc's for az and lori
will be a nice loadout.
best is to keep on moving until you've finished the mines - then assist your wingmen.
defending the freighters shouldn't be a problem - use your wingmen.

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7098 by liam
thank u both for the help it really helps me out having people giving advise on how to play the game, ill post for more help in the future if i cant do other missions. thnx i mean it

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7099 by liam
thnx for the help for that misson though i can only do half of it....... i kill all enemy at the L-point then we format ... just 20 seconds after we go off to do the rest of the mission the mission fails cos of a frieghter dying or somin like that i tried 8 different ways... such as formating with other ships and that dont work... did thid happen to u?

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7102 by Tarcoon
so what about that freighter dying ??

As far as I remember there are three attacks on your way to the station.
Your convoy gets hit by a ldsi missile and two or three ships try to kill one of the freighters.
So after leaving lds target one of your enemies and tell your wingmen to make their job ( hit "3" for "attack my target" )
leave your gunbabes on fire at will and start to finish the other ship(s ?) - use one or two seeker-missiles to get their attention if necessary.

Don't waste your missiles in the first part at the l-point if you need them in dogfight.
I don't know your weapons loadout, but I prefer energy weapons (pbc's)- that missile launcher runs out of ammo and is useless.
but choose your loadout well : if you use that launcher take seekers and disruptors - leave these lds interceptors at home because you don't need them in this mission.

If you need some training in dogfight and wingmen commands:
infinite battle is a nice playground...

so go and protect these freighters - they count on you

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7106 by liam
i do that but (and i counted)45 seconds after i cleared the Toad L-point my surogut dad tells me the frieghters r defensless and then it says mission failed... even when i am protecting them its anoying...... my load out is seekers (tri pack luancher.. so there is 15seekers missles) 1 turret 2 rapid pbc's and quad light pbc. also when im getting the talk it repeats itself twice... mabye a bug and ill have to start the storyline all over again?

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #7107 by Tarcoon
so your freighters don't survive the first attack ? How many bandits
do you have to manage? two or three?

do you use any mods or are you playing the original version?

tell your wingmen to join the formation with a freighter (defend my target) and do it yourself with an other one.

the ride starts - hit by ldsi missile - marauders coming up - wingmen attack one target - you kill the other one - then help your wingmen - wait untill freighters autorepair completes - wingmen and you join formation --> three stops on your way to station

loadout is nice - are you able to kill the marauders? are the wingmen sucsessful? do you stay close to your convoy or do you leave it alone in cold dark space?
that toaster tells you the freighters are defenseless? how comes?
You are next to them defending their virginity...