Act 3 Mission 9 - Antimatter Cordon

More
21 years 9 months ago #17653 by BeanBoy
Near the end and I've hit this annoying problem..

We fly out and pick up the antimatter - all loaded onto the transport fine, then we head back to Lucrecia's base with the cargo - as soon as we hit LDS, I'm shown a cut scene of the cargo pods exploding one by one and the transport exploding as well. Then I'm presented with a message stating "Critical ship destroyed"..and it's game over!

I've played the mission about 6 times always with the same result!!

What do I need to do to get past this problem??

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 9 months ago #4101 by Shane
You are much faster than the freighter carrying the antimatter, so if you 'head for home', the freighter gets left behind. The mission automatically fails. Formate and travel with the freighter.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 9 months ago #4103 by BeanBoy
I'm certain that I've already tried 'Formate' with the cargo vessel - no worries, I'll try it again and see.

Thanks (but don't let that stop you making any further suggestions in case it still doesn't work)

More
21 years 9 months ago #4104 by Shane
There is a walkthrough for this mission here:

i-war2.com/acts_3b.htm

But I really don't recommend it. This mission is a lot of fun to play through the first time, but when you know what's about to happen, it loses much of it's edge.

Here's an excerpt from the walkthrough, in the area where you're experiencing the problems. Hopefully this small bit won't spoil the mission for you.

"3) Once you arrive at the station and take delivery of the antimatter. Head back to the Formalhaut L - Point. "

Let us know how it goes.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions