Act 3 mission 1, security base

More
21 years 7 months ago #17707 by Cherie
I've been trying for days now, stubborn as I am, to do this mission, but I'm finally admitting defeat. I'm sure the solution is simple, (given that no one but myself seems to have had difficulty with this). I get to the part where the transport arrives at the base and it always gets blown up immediately. I've tried destroying a few gunstars, attacking the gunstars that are firing, but I can't figure this out--help, please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #5225 by They_HunGer
why does it blow up? do u have the f14.6 update or any mods running?

~C.C. Rocks~

More
21 years 7 months ago #5227 by Cherie
Yes, I have the patch and several mods installed (from the website). I haven't had any bugs (other than it wasn't until the end of Act 2 that the "talk to Freddy Jackson" objective disappeared from my objectives although I certainly had but this seemed to have no effect on the game). I think it gets shot by one of the gunstars every time but I'm not 100% sure. It happens as soon as it gets up to the base, right after I've been told my "diversionary tactics" have worked. I'm losing my mind. I have tried this mission so, so many times. I really like the game but I'm feeling like it's over, like I'll never get past this...[:(]

More
21 years 7 months ago #5231 by Shane
Hello Cherie. Try turning off the mods and shutting down EoC. Then restart and load up the save just before the mission. Before you launch, activate another ship type, then go back to the one you want to fly and load it out. These steps should remove any influence of the mods, which can interfere with many of the game's scripts.

Check your last few emails and the objectives screens carefully. The missions tend to come fast and furious at this stage in the game, and sometimes a vital bit of information is missed which causes problems.

If all else fails, there are savegames which can be downloaded to get you past this point. If the savegame you are seeking does not exist on the downloads section of this site, I probably have a copy somewhere and can email it to you, but I won't be able to do this until this weekend or so.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 7 months ago #5248 by Cherie
Woo-hoo! It was the mods--I disabled them and finished the mission easy as pie. Thanks so much. Back to the game!:D