Rejected by Server - World not Created

More
20 years 9 months ago #8268 by Sivadrake
alright thanks grandpatrout, it works perfectly now, i just feel kinda lonely out there. is there not as much traffic in epic as there is in SP? although i havent had hardly anytime to play it yet and it coulda just been where i was at in the system, also do you have a permanent base? i didnt have time to look, i just noticed that there isnt a permanent waypoint for your base on your contact list

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #8271 by GrandpaTrout
There is not much to do. These are development releases to demo features for people working on the mod. This release is just intended to allow people to build new scenic areas inside of Epic and not much else.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 9 months ago #8272 by Sivadrake
well the release that i ended up running was release3e not 3f are all the releases just for demo? or is the final epic still in the works? also i would love to help in any way that i could, i just dont own lightwave so im limited as far as that goes, oh yeah and i dont know POG(the very word means confusion to me:)) but if you need boring .ini stuff done or nulls moved or new nulls added, i'd love to help

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 9 months ago #8292 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Sivadrake,

Let me ask Hot4 if he would like some help building interesting places and backgrounds (if you would care to do that?)

-Gtrout

More
20 years 9 months ago #8295 by Hot4Darmat
Yes, Hi, Sivadrake,

*points up at previous post* What he said! I haven't had, nor will I likely have much time to use GTrout's tools to make some of the cool places in the Middle States Geography. But I did describe them to some extent, once upon a time. Help in that area would definitely advance the cause, and make the world a better place for all mankind.

Start by going through the background documents for the history, factions, and geography of the Middle States cluster (The 'Let's Go Middle States' doc will be particularly helpful). Once you're reasonably familiar with the history and points of interest, pick one or two, and start making them! There are lots of places where we'll need a) smashed, darkened, empty ghost stations, and b) ship graveyards (leftovers from the War). You can ask me if you have any conceptual questions about it (like what goes where, what it should look like or stuff like that), or GrandpaTrout about any technical questions (like, how to do it).

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 9 months ago #8300 by MajorTom
Sivadrake, this is actually what I had in mind, when I asked about your interest in working on an MP map.

A MP map is a smaller, easier to handle 3D "world" that has the same basic principles as the larger SP worlds (except that you don't have to mess with the lws files). That would give you some practice and a better feeling for placing objects on 3D coordinates. And be easier to check positions because the maps are smaller.

We will need the MP maps for Epic DOW, so they wouldn't be a waste by any means. If you prefer to tackle the larger SP worlds right from the start, though please feel free. :D

Have Gun, Will Travel