Program to capture part of game screen, enlarge it and display on 2nd screen

More
2 months 6 days ago #20961 by GlynD
Hi there, just wondering if anybody knows of a small program that will allow me to set a region of screen to be captured and displayed on another monitor?

My problem is I love playing Independence War 2 on a 40 inch 1920 x 1080 TV screen. And as you can see from the attached screen-shot, the important parts of the screen in the top left (navigation lock & weapon), top right (contacts & shield status) and bottom right (contact list) are pretty small! My eyesight isn't what it used to be 🙂

So my ideal solution is to have a little screen capture program (running times 3, if needed) that captures these areas and displays an enlarged version on a second monitor, something like a MFD on a modern fighter jet or helicopter. Ideally you should be able to set the regions up and save them to save messing about every time you want to load the game.

I did find a mini-map zoomer for World of Tanks (cMap Duplicator.exe) ages ago, however I have lost the program. Also that software did not remember the size and position settings, which is a bit of a pain. Did see some info about OBS, however not sure if you can run 3 instances at the same time, or what the processing hit would be. Tried Dxtory, Debut Video Capture and Xbox Game Bar. Dxtory keeps crashing when it starts up (Win 11) and looks like it hasn't been updated in a while. Debut VC works however the interface is quite cluttered and can't be trimmed down. Xbox Game Bar only works on full screen as far as I can make out. Also tried IRIS export screen broadcast (from DCS World). It works, however it doesn't have a zoom option to increase the image size.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers Glyn
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.