General question:

More
21 years 3 months ago #17800 by blackbeard
General question: was created by blackbeard
Shane et al --

Which ship did you use during the later part of the game (Act 3): The heavy corvette (firepower) or the patcom (manueverability)? I ask this in case each ship is acquired for a reason (like making it easier to complete the upcoming missions). Thanks,

BB

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #6540 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic General question:
I mostly tended to use the patcom. The extra manueverability is a key element to survival in this game. I believe the majority opinion agrees with me.

More
21 years 3 months ago #6543 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic General question:
Patcom all the way. After using it for so long, I couldn't fight worth a dang in the vette. I think I used it the mission they make you use it in, then one pirate run to decide I didn't like it. Extra firepower isn't that much over the patcom, and the low manueverability means you'll bring it to bear far less often. Extra armor is nice - but most of the time, if I was gonna die, it wouldn't have saved me

More
21 years 3 months ago #6547 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic General question:
The Patcom. I value maneuverability over armor and one or two extra weapon mounts.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 3 months ago #6580 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic General question:
I used the advanced PatCom for a number of missions that required speed over anything else, but I tended to use the heavy corvette more.

Then again, I spent alot ot time watching my own friggin' deathcam sequence, too. I promised myself I'd try to complete the whole game using only the spider-class tug, but haven't had the time to actually do that. One of these days, I'll go for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be spending alot of time watching that tug blowing up, too.

Right now I'm trying it with only a basic dreadnaught-class corvette from the mods page. I'm doing this slowly, and a mission at a time (with weeks-long intervals), but its a real challenge. It's much harder to survive this game using outdated technology than you'd think/

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 3 months ago #6591 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic General question:
Sounds like an interesting challenge you've set for yourself. I'm going to have to become a much better pilot before I try something like that. The Patcom is definitely my favorite ship, though.

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.