Donald.. Where's yer Troosers?

More
21 years 7 months ago #5208 by Badger
From Hells Heart I stab at thee. For hates sake I spit my final breath at thee.

Yeah Eric, Shane and I are quoting from Wrath of Khan. But it just goes to show what a couple of sad gits we are. :)

It's actually an adaptation of part of Moby Dick, just in case ya wanna know.

Badger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 6 months ago #5513 by Faradhi
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="purple">

From Hells Heart I stab at thee

Sounds like the line Picard used in the borg movie. ;)

I have never really managed to get very far with EOC, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying every time I have loaded it up. But I've spent too much time saying "ooooh look at that" admiring the graphics and not enough time actually learning the interface and getting somewhere with the game.

Neither have I. I am more of an on again off again person, going where my boredome leads. ;)

Then what happens?......My head was turned by the young temptress "Freelancer" and the opportunity to play the demo.

I've been watching work in progress reports on this title for a couple of years now and was completely sucked in by the hype. The games media touted it as Elite brought up to gate and I bought it hook line and sinker. Well, in fairness...don't we all want Elite brought up to date?

It's not though and my advice to anyone else who might be tempted, is don't bother. It looks nice to be sure and runs smoothly, it's great if you want a quick blast but it is more shallow than a bird bath. Don't be fooled by the hype. We're not going to see Elite brought up to date, until David Braben presents us with it.

I want a space game single play and multiplay where I can travel space and land then control a character doing missions. Something similiar to E n B (Earth and Beyond). That would be too extensive a project though (or would it).
</font id="purple">
</font id="size3">
</font id="Comic Sans MS">

Choose your words carefully

Choose your words carefully

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.