Traffic: Speech and Events

More
18 years 8 months ago #14717 by GrandpaTrout
Really cool Hot4! Traffic release is where the speech and text are being targetted (with a few exceptions). I think we should have a review of text before you record the voices. Just to make sure that code and text are matching up.

The fuel text dialogs (see Joco for specifics) are needed for US. Those do not need voices attached. We could also use updated text for the customs and pirate guards on Lpoints.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14721 by Hot4Darmat
No problem. All the dialogue text will be vetted before anything gets recorded, but the refuelling, customs, and pirate bullies will get priority.

Although I now know what release we're talking about, I still don't know what the timeline is. Is there one?

More
18 years 8 months ago #14722 by GrandpaTrout
I would like to see Unstable Space feature complete by the end of February. That gives us the month of March to test. A little behind initial plan, but that is all my fault. Traffic does not have a plan yet. Need to get this release out first, then see where we stand.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14724 by Hot4Darmat
Gotcha.

Oh, and stop being so self-blaming. You need to remember that the fact that we're talking about future releases of an EXISTING WORKING mod at all is because of you, your vision, your team management skills and your dedication.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14726 by cambragol
Yes, GrandpaTrout IS the team. Somebody needs to hire him directly into a good gaming company.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14759 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Traffic: Speech and Events
This may be a little bit off topic, but we really need a jamming type of module for the player's ships and/or his wingmen. When activated through the Engineering menu (if possible), the jammer would light up your ship like a Christmas tree, but would reduce or help prevent mayday signals.

Also, the Zero-Sum Rule is needed: if NPC ships can send maydays, the player should be able to send maydays as well, to maintain balance and fairness.

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.