Traffic: Speech and Events

More
18 years 10 months ago #14278 by Hot4Darmat
Great. I think we're on the same page. Cambragol and GT, would you like me to prepare a few sample brief statements to fit the situations you described, test record them (placeholder...not quality actor recordings) to see how they work? Let me know and I'll get started. btw, to whom should I send .wav files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #14279 by cambragol
Sounds like a good start Hot4. Why not start assembling a list of brief statements based off the situations described by GT and myself. If your intent for placeholdings is to give the poggers something to refer to in code, then send it to Grandpatrout. Send them to me as well though, and I can start looking into how to process them etc. Most important though would be the list of brief statements. I am sure you can make them read and sound good.

More
18 years 10 months ago #14363 by Hot4Darmat
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was travelling for a few days there. I'll whip something up and send it around sometime next week (heavily pressing work stuff 'til Tues.)

More
18 years 8 months ago #14709 by Hot4Darmat
Hi again and sorry for such a long delay. Ship chatter and speech/dialogue writing is progressing in fits and starts, but it is progressing. There will ultimately be an abundance of variants to select from for the above-listed dialogue events.

An interesting development: I recently connected with a friend who has been doing amateur community theatre work on the production end. I talked about my voice recording work for the Dogs of War machinema, and about the Torn Stars project. He also does some radio play work, and we got to talking about swapping voice talent for each others' current projects. Long story short, I'm now hooked into a whole pile of people (amateur actors) interested in beefing up their CVs and doing more "acting" for my little project, all for free. I now have a number of official recruitment posters out there in key places, and the word is spreading. I'll keep you posted, but I may be able to get many of these dialogue clips recorded, and quickly if things keep going like this. I'll keep you posted.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14710 by Hot4Darmat
Oh, an important question I forgot to ask: What's the timeline (desired deadline) to have these updated speech features ready for placement in a game release. This question goes for a) text only versions, and b) voice recorded versions. Obviously a) will be ready sooner than b), but I'd like to know what the time frame is, and at what release this is being targeted.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14711 by cambragol
Wow! Nice work on getting the voice actors. Can`t really do better than that. As for which release this would be targeted for..I will let Grandpatrout field that one. I would suspect Traffic, rather than US, as that is where we will be adding all the custom traffic scripts.