Tie Interceptor finished and textured :)

More
20 years 6 months ago #9381 by MajorTom
Meanwhile, Bots can also use the disruptor gun in MP.

The StarWars botmatch is now set up so you can set the maximum no. of bots that will spawn (per player) in the standard multiplayer GUI.

You can also set the ships the bots are in via the multiplayer/package ini. If you don't change the default configuration, every second bot that appears will be in the Tie interceptor and have Ion cannons. And! believe me, they will disrupt you![}:)]

The Starwars Multiplayer mod will also offer quite a few options for the server "administrator" to set, that should also help to improve/tweak preformance.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago #9408 by Tempest
Wow, this SW-mod project looks pretty exciting! Is there already a demo version for the public to download somewhere, for testing? Or is it too early in development for that?
Also, great work on that ion gun, it looks great. As a fan of the LA game TIE Fighter, I don't really like the T/I to have ions, though... any chance you add a gunboat and use the ions there instead? :p

Anyway, great work... I really hope this project will be finished and won't be a victim to time restrictions and/or Lucasarts interdiction, as was, sadly enough, the fate of some other promising mods...

*Edit: @MajorTom, you asked earlier in this thread:

We just need a ship for it?? Did Star Wars have anything comparable in the line of a engineer ship for resupply or repairs ?

The answer would be a CUV (Combat Utility Vehicle), though you can't see it in the movies, just the game TIE Fighter. But then again, that's true for fighter-mounted ion cannons, too. :p

More
20 years 6 months ago #9411 by Second Chance
I'm having difficulty locating my source at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the info I got on the Interceptor's weapons was canon. If I can just find it again I'll post it.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 6 months ago #9412 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Tempest

Is there already a demo version for the public to download somewhere, for testing?

Thanks for the compliments.
As soon as we have a couple more ships we'll have a beta out.
Meanwhile I need help testing some of the scripts, and the Tie's (weapons and handling effects) online. Since you apparently live close to me, if you're interested send me a mail and we can discuss it.

The answer would be a CUV (Combat Utility Vehicle),

we have a EOC version of a CUV type vessel, all we would really need for that is an avatar.
I'll post some screen shots with some size comparisons tomorrow.

We'll see if the TieInt gets to keep the Ion Cannon disruptor :)
If not someone else will [}:)] (we needed it for the B-wings anyhow)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 6 months ago #9415 by Tempest

Originally posted by Second Chance

I'm having difficulty locating my source at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the info I got on the Interceptor's weapons was canon. If I can just find it again I'll post it.

Would be totally new for me, never saw a source that gave the T/I more than the four lasers on the wingtips... I think what you mean is the TIE Defender, that one has four lasers, two ions and some missiles, too... it might be too powerful to be brought into the mod, though... there's no rebel craft that's a match for it.
But perhaps you bring the gunboat in... it's a little like an imperial Y-Wing: two lasers, two ions, some torpedoes, and incredibly slow. :p

As always, I'm getting my info from TIE Fighter, but there's also a very good website you may want to check out: The Imperial Navy Ship Database .

More
20 years 6 months ago #9417 by Second Chance
No, actually the Interceptor has ten guns, as illustrated here...

I'm a big fan of the "Star Wars Technical Commentaries" because they evaluate all of the evidence using the scientific method, and don't try to force the facts to support their idea of things. They may not be popular with SW fanboys, but they always provide rational and reasonable explanations of their findings, backed up by verifiable evidence. The problem with most other websites that list stats for ships is that they just regurgitate various "made up" game stats. The SWTC site evaluates actual visual evidence present in the films.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4