Andromeda Mod

More
20 years 8 months ago #8722 by William
Replied by William on topic Andromeda Mod
Thank you for taking the time to do this. This isn't really a time sensitve thing, so if you have more important things to worry about, which you probably do, then don't worry about this one. When you are finished this, if I had the right program, would I be able to add to it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8723 by William

When you are finished this, if I had the right program, would I be able to add to it?

I was thinking about this question, and I thought it made me sound mentally challenged, of course I can add to it, but would it mess up any thing besides the poly count if the addition had only a few small contact points?

More
20 years 8 months ago #8724 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod
Anything is possible, but without Lightwave 5.6, it would be difficult. Adding new geometry would require modeling it in some 3D application and then having someone with 5.6 convert it for you.

LW 5.6 only featured textures that are projected (like an image from an old movie projector) onto the model. When version 6.0 came out, the program had been restructured to include UV mapping. As a result, the older versions of LW (like 5.6) are incompatible with the exports of the later LW versions. You can export to LW 5.6 from 6.0 or 7.0, but the textures are dropped from the model and have to be manually re-applied.

This had the effect of creating a barrier to getting models into EoC. I actually enjoy modeling in LW 7.0 (which offers many more tools), but then export to 5.6 to apply my textures. As the old song goes; 'It's kind of a drag'. :D

As far as creating new textures: Do you have access to any graphic programs? Like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? These are what's needed to do that sort of thing.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 8 months ago #8730 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Andromeda Mod
Don't forget to hook him up with a collision hull :) If you're too busy Shane, that's something I can do for him.

@William - also, since Shane's pretty busy I can do your avatar and setup scenes if you want.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 8 months ago #8733 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod
Thanks. I might take you up on that offer, Second Chance. I reduced the model last night and have lots of ragged polys to mend. Once that's done I'll split it into three parts and port it to 5.6 and reapply the textures.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 8 months ago #8745 by William
Does Milkshape actually allow you to create 3D models, or what is it for?