Andromeda Mod

More
20 years 8 months ago #8816 by William
Replied by William on topic Andromeda Mod
Do most of the people at this site that know alot on the topic of modding have an occupation that relates to computers? I'm not sure what Shane does for a living, but some of the replies that he posted state that he has a wife. Are most of the people on this forum adults? And yeah, I know that the Andromeda is probably the hardest thing to make a mod for this side of abstract paintings, but that's what makes the ship look so cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8818 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic Andromeda Mod

Another thing that I had been hoping for was to change the point defense turrets from gatling cannons to proton pbcs, or maybe particle-accelerated pbcs

now thats really not that hard i have a mod i made to make docking autoturrets fire neutron pbcs, its a small file, i could send it to you in an email if you want, so that you can see how to change the cannon fire avatars.

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 8 months ago #8819 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod

I'm not sure what Shane does for a living, but some of the replies that he posted state that he has a wife. Are most of the people on this forum adults?

I'm 36 years old, I have a wife and two children; Aaron (12) and Hunter (8). I'm a self-employed contractor.

I would wildly guess that most here are somewhere in their twenties... but that's just what I can glean from their posts.

As far as the Andromeda: I took another pass at tidying up the mesh tonight. But when that's done I'll have to apply the textures in 5.6, which will be a slight pain since I'm very unfamiliar with the ship (never caught any of the episodes). Luckily, the gentleman who built the model also attached pictures of front, side, etc. views; I can use that as a guide.

Have you had a chance to look over the Sim and Subsim document in the Graphics SDK?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 8 months ago #8835 by William
Replied by William on topic Andromeda Mod
Well, I guess that would partly account for my lack of experience with this sort of thing; I am only fourteen. I took a glance at the sim/subsim document, but I haven't read it completely over because I think I know most of what is in there already except for the odd tidbit. I will read over it sometime in the next day or so because I'm positive I don't know everything about the ini's, plus any thing that I'm not positive about will be crystal clear. I have looked around ebay for a copy of lightwave 5.6, but at $275, it would nearly suck my wallet clean because I recently bought myself an Xbox. I am debating whether or not to buy it. I don't plan on doing too much more modding, of course if I had Lightwave, I would probably do way more. Would it be better to try to buy a later version of Lightwave? Can you save in 5.6 if you get a later version, or would I have to get someone with 5.6 to do it for me? As for the Andromeda, .tiff images can be found at: www.andromedatv.com/galleries/shipviews.html .

More
20 years 8 months ago #8836 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod
If you intend to build ships for EoC, you'd want to stick with LW 5.6.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 8 months ago #8840 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Andromeda Mod
William, those INI's you sent me definitely need work. But I think I get what you're trying to go for. It's no problem to set the ship up the way you want. Check your email.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (coming 2004)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4