Andromeda Mod

More
20 years 8 months ago #8747 by William
Replied by William on topic Andromeda Mod
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I found out the answer. So, unless I'm mistaken, Milkshape will allow you to create meshes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8748 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod
I believe it does. I recall NathanKell stating he created the Duelist corvette with Milkshape.

I've never used it, but I've run across forums of people who do. Tutorials too. Probably Googling it would find 'em.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 8 months ago #8749 by William
I wonder if I should stop subscribing to the topic? I am now getting four e-mail's every time someone posts a reply.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8766 by William
What happens when you try put a model with more than 800 polygons into EOC?

More
20 years 8 months ago #8767 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Andromeda Mod

Does Milkshape actually allow you to create 3D models, or what is it for?

It does allow creation of 3d models, but (as with any EoC models) it should only be used to do simple stuff. Lightwave 5.6 is the only program that can save to lightwave 5.6 format without the occational hitch. I used milkshape to resize a collision hull once, so it definitely works. Make sure to export using 'lightwave 5.6' not 'lightwave'.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8768 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Andromeda Mod

What happens when you try put a model with more than 800 polygons into EOC?

The universe will implode and we'll all be sucked into a time vortex[:0]!

No, just kidding. 800 polys isn't the actual limit, but once you get too far up there you start to get problems like display corruption and flickering. I ported a Klingon Academy model to EoC with a section that had over 1300 polys and it wouldn't display for crap. But my Millennium Falcon model had a section (the round part of the hull) with over 1100 polys which displayed with no problems, but I reduced it to 816 polys just for the sake of performance. So, unless you need to show a rediculously complex piece of geometry keep it under 800.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4