Andromeda Mod

More
20 years 8 months ago #8769 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Andromeda Mod
I second that. I placed a model of a space station in the game and half of it was invisible, while the other half was inside out. It was composed of 886 triangular polys.

On the other hand, the Terrapin performs fine, and it's 902 triangular polys. There seems little rhyme or reason to what works and what does not.

I do not believe this is a fault of the engine. I believe it's a quirk in the converter. When I originally converted the Lance frigate, it appeared in the game, but had some serious shading issues... like it had been banded with shadows in some areas.

Without changing the model, I converted it again. It was worse.

Still without changing the model, I converted it yet again. Came out perfect.

No textures were changed, no geometry was altered. Nothing. It just didn't produce predictable results. And the frigate was what? 350 polys? Well below the limit.

Putting a model into the game is, at times, more a matter of persistance than one would think. ;)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8770 by William
Replied by William on topic Andromeda Mod
What are the "ragged" polygons that you get from reducing the polygon count? If you create a cylinder in Milkshape that doesn't have a top or bottom, it's just open, will it be paper thin if you try to put it into EoC?

More
20 years 8 months ago #8771 by William
Does anyone know what's wrong with the EoC home page at www.independencewar.com ? It has been down forever, unless I only ever check it when it isn't working.

More
20 years 8 months ago #8773 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Andromeda Mod
That hasn't worked in a while. Click on the I-War1 section then go to I-War2 from inside there.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 8 months ago #8777 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Andromeda Mod
Go straight here, it always works for me: www.independencewar.com/home.htm

-Gtrout

More
20 years 8 months ago #8782 by William
Where does this site get it's time and date from? I don't know how to get from the Independence War homepage to the Edge of Chaos homepage.